All parents, especially the new ones want to provide the utmost comfort to their kids. Be it food, clothing, sleeping or temperature control, parents are always eager to ensure that their child is happy and comfortable. However, while the other things can still be controlled to a great extent, it becomes very difficult to maintain the ideal temperature in the nursery.
Babies, in the early days are sensitive to touch. Any form of tangible or intangible change in their environment might be disturbing and uncomfortable. In that light, if the nursery is too cold or warm, they might get cranky. While it’s still possible to maintain an ideal temperature in a small apartment, it’s very difficult to do the same in an older house. Under such circumstances, parents are often left wondering what might be the right course of action. The answer is space warmers. So, if you are going to become new parents anytime soon, plan ahead and get the best space heater for nursery.
Since the choices can be confusing and overwhelming, we have come up with an effective buying guide and the top products in this genre to make your buying process easy.
- 1 In a Rush? Have a Look at These Reviews of the Best Space Heater For Nursery and Baby Room
- 2 Buying Guide – Space Heater For Nursery
- 3 Best Rated Space Heater For Nursery – Our Top 12 Recommendations and Reviews
- 3.1 1) Dyson Hot + Cool Jet Focus AM09 Fan Heater White/Silver
- 3.2 2) Vornadobaby Tempa Nursery Heater
- 3.3 3) Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater
- 3.4 4) Lasko 754200 Ceramic Portable Space Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 3.5 5) Vornado MVH Vortex Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 3.6 6) Andily Space Heater Electric Heater for Home and Office
- 3.7 7) Brightown Portable Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 3.8 8) Brightown 350W Handy Heater with Adjustable Thermostat & Timer
- 3.9 9) Comfort Zone Oscillating Space Heater with Remote Control and Digital Thermostat
- 3.10 10) Pro Breeze Space Heater with 3 Operating Modes and Adjustable Thermostat
- 3.11 11) DOUHE Portable Electric Ceramic Space Heater with Tip-Over & Overheating Protection
- 3.12 12) Aikoper Ceramic Tower Space Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 4 FAQ – Space Heater For Nursery
- 5 Final Verdict:
In a Rush? Have a Look at These Reviews of the Best Space Heater For Nursery and Baby Room
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Buying Guide – Space Heater For Nursery
Things To Consider Before Buying Space Heater For Nursery and Baby’s Room
The primary use of a space heater is to raise the temperature of a given room. These heaters are available in various sizes and styles so there are indeed Nth numbers of options to choose from. Additionally, the use of a space heater is also very economical as it helps to offset the utility costs during the cold winter months.
However, to make use of its benefits, one has to first buy the best heater for baby room. The new space heaters have a lot of cool features like automatic oscillation and digital control. In that light, the following are the top things to look into before you can buy a space heater for your baby’s room.
This is the first point to consider before anything else. Though there are different sorts of heating styles, essentially, three sorts of heating technologies are used. These are radiant, convection, and fan-forced. While convention heaters provide even and quick whole-room heating, radiant heaters are more focused on quick spot heating or heating of small spaces. Finally, fan-forced heaters make use of an internal fan, that keeps blowing across a given heating element and micathermic heaters offer fast heating spread throughout the room. It’s crucial to consider the purpose before you can select any one from this category.
Since the heater is for the kid’s room, a lot of safety features must be taken into consideration. In that light, if you are opting for a wall-mounted heater, then make sure that the product is very secure and so are the accessories used to hang it. Generally, wall-mounted heaters make use of brackets. However, other heaters are directly recessed in the wall. This type of mounting is ideal if your nursery is too small in size.
Even if the heater is for your baby’s room, it’s essential to get a product that is energy efficient. The idea is to maintain the heating costs and thus a few products that offer this facility must be considered before selecting one that suits your needs. However, most portable heaters found in the market currently lack standard efficiency levels like EER ratings as seen on air conditions. But with careful consideration, it’s possible to choose a model which will not make the electric bill skyrocket.
Like most gadgets that run on electricity, the heater too emits some amount of noise when it works. However, some models make more sounds than others. Now, these types of space heaters can be a menace in your kid’s nursery. Owing to its constant sound, your kid will not be able to sleep, and will thus remain cranky throughout the day.
To avoid such an incident from occurring, get hold of a non-fan-forced heater or a baseboard heater that comes up with silent operation. Additionally, Radiant space heaters are also a good choice that can be used in your baby’s room.
There is always a false sense of security that comes with the use of space heaters. However, it must be borne in mind that using space heaters requires a lot of precaution. To that end, itts crucial to keep the heaters turned off when your baby is sleeping at night. Leaving space heaters on at night has made way for 80 percent of all fatal home heating fires. These heaters trip, malfunction and thus are fire hazards. Indeed such an issue can deter parents from installing one of these in their kid’s nursery, but they can still be used during the daytime or one can use it to warm up the room before the child goes to bed.
While looking to buy a space heater, it’s important to consider the area the heater will cover. This can be determined by the wattage rating of the heater. Usually, heaters consume 10 watts of heating power to heat each square foot of a given room. So by simple calculation, a 1,500-watt heater will cover most average sized rooms. However, this guideline must not be considered as the general rule of thumb. It does not apply to all brands and heaters.
Additionally Features Of Best Heater For Nursery:
- In addition to the above-mentioned features, it’s important to look into a few more while getting a space heater for your kid’s room:
- The heater must be cool to touch. Since children have this habit of touching things around them, you do not want them to injure themselves in the process.
- The selected heater must have an automatic shut-off system that should keep the room from getting too hot
- It’s ideal to have tip-over protection in your space heater. This will shut the heating element and prevent the chance of a fire if the heater is ever knocked off by the child accidentally.
- The heater must have closed slats so that the child is unable to stick his/her finger in the heater
- The product should have a solid base so that it does not trip over.
Best Rated Space Heater For Nursery – Our Top 12 Recommendations and Reviews
If you have to keep all the above-mentioned points into consideration, then you will have to hunt down the market to find the best product that suits your needs. It is needless to say that it’s going to be a very tedious procedure and most people do not have the time to do such an extensive search. To that end, below are 12 products that can be considered.
This product offers fast and even room heating paired with a personal cooling system. This product is effective all round the year and is a must-have if you have a baby at home. The product makes use of a powerful jet stream or a diffused flow of air to cool down or heat the surroundings. The product is gaining a lot of grounds owing to the different features that it offers.
- The product can be used all year round. Offers quick heating in winter and instant cooling in the summer months
- Patented Air Multiplier technology cools and heats the room and creates a comfortable environment
- Intelligent thermostat monitors- this helps to hold on to the selected temperature mode so that no energy is wasted
- The fan has no exposed areas thus eliminates the burning smell.
- The fan does not have fast-spinning blades
- Safe to use
- Warms up the room evenly
- The product does not make a lot of noise
- The strength and breadth of the product is not that effective
- Does not cover a vast area
- Product lacks Freon
This product has been carefully crafted keeping the needs of babies and parents in mind. The vortex heat circulation of the product helps in maintaining an effective heat circulation process. The product has “two-fan” settings which provide a continuous flow of air. The auto mode of the product can be used to warm the room actively. Of all the features, the stay cool to touch feature makes this product an ideal choice for the nursery.
- Double heat setting
- Two fan feature
- The product comes accompanied with an adjustable thermostat
- The product is cool to touch, offers tip-over protection and automatically shuts down when not in use
- The product offers a curiosity proof lock for children, thereby keeping parents worry-free
- Ideal for nursery installation
- Offers safety latch
- Makes less noise compared to other heaters
- Possible for kids to change the thermostats
- Product not ideal for carpeted floors
- Difficult to set the exact temperature
This product is ideal to heat any room. Be it the office, basement, bedroom or any other place. The product comes along with an elongated ceramic element that offers penetrating air velocity. This tower heater gives out warmth throughout the room. Finally, the product can be fit into any small place and also offers a multi-function remote control.
- The product offers 2 Quiet Setting. This includes high heat, low heat, and an auto mode.The widespread oscillation of the product helps to spread out the heating throughout a room
- Remote Control & Built-in Timer allows users to set the temperature and oscillation. The timer allows one to select the time intervals as well
- The safety features of the product do not allow overheating even if the product is left on for an extended amount of time. Additionally, the product has a cool-to-touch exterior
- The product is easy to carry
- Rotates like a fan
- The built-in thermostat keeps the room at a steady temperature
- Trips the circuit breaker
- Makes the room dry
- The plastic elements can lose their shape with frequent use
This is yet another product if you are looking for a safe heating option for your baby’s nursery or your office. The product is ideal to provide comforting warmth to the room. The product has excellent manual controls, effective safety features and is designed for regular use.
- The product offers a 3-Quiet-Setting. This includes high heat, low heat, and an electrical pace heat.
- The adjustable thermostat makes this the best heater for nursery
- The convenient carry handle makes it easy to carry the heater from one place to another
- Overheat space protection does not allow the product to overheat even if its left turned on for long
- No need to assemble the product
- Does not take a lot of space
- The product looks very attractive
- Not for big rooms
- Not for moist rooms
- The power light remains turned on as long as the unit is plugged in
If you want to cut down on energy consumption, then this heater is for you. The whole heater has a thermostatic temperature control knob. It’s easy to use and can be simply controlled using a dial. The product offers three settings to allow users to better control the heating output and energy consumption to prevent the circuit from overloading.
- Gently heats the air in the low to medium range
- Safe to touch exterior, tip-over protection and safety turn off
- Three-stage quite heat setting
- Comfort can be controlled effectively
- The product keeps the whole room warm
- Ideal for big rooms
- Keeps room warm but does not make it hot
- Product is not completely silent
- Not a very good fan
- Does not work on low setting
The winters in the west can be really cold. However, if you do not want to freeze like the snowman, this is a product that you should get. This highly efficient heater provides spring-like warmth to the rooms and keeps it warm whenever required. This particular product is electrically operated and comes with a thermostat that maintains a uniform temperature by cycling the heater on and off.
- A small heater which can be controlled manually
- Three mode heater- high heat, low heat, and fan only
- Ceramic heating elements
- The thermostat maintains an even temperature in a room
- The automatic overheating system that turns off when the desired temperature is achieved
- Product arrives assembled
- Extremely powerful
- Ideal for small bedrooms
- Effective safety feature
- The buttons are touchy and thus is easy to accidentally change the setting
- The ability of the thermostat fluctuates
- Makes noise on the second-speed setting
If you are looking for the best heater for baby room, then this is the product for you. Brightown Portable Ceramic Heater is lightweight and is flexible to use. The adjustable thermostat provides just the right amount of heating to your baby’s room and has an overheating feature which is ideal
- The ceramic heating comes with a high-tech fan that covers 200sq.Ft in seconds. This helps to save up on the electric consumption and does not punch a hole in the pocket
- The product can be controlled easily and produces up to 750 watts of heat
- Its safety feature is highly efficient and eliminates the chance of any fire hazard
- Ideal for small places
- Looks very attractive
- Provides both cooling and heating
- Safe to use
- Consumes too much wattage
- Not made for big spaces
- Plugs overheat at times
This handy wall outlet heater comes with a two heating ceramic element that is easy to use and very safe. The product is ideally designed for small spaces like dorms, offices, small bedrooms, baby rooms, and other medium-sized spaces. The lower power usage saves electricity and reduces the chance of grid tripping.
- The product runs on low wattage
- Powered with a bright LED display and timer
- Provides quiet and fast heating
- The digital thermostat of the product shows the actual degrees
- Does not take much space and is easy to store
- Works well in small spaces
- Excellent safety features
- The plastic body is not sturdy
- The unit heats up
This fan-forced heater provides a side to side heating, unlike the other heater panels which run in on direction. It’s easy to adjust the temperature of the product using a remote control and the temperature change is visible on the display screen. Since the heater is energy efficient it turns out to be quite an economical option.
- Fan powered whole room heating
- The digital thermostat which is easy to use
- 8 hour time which provides an auto shut-off technology
- Big room temperature display setting
- EC mode adjusts the heat output and lowers the cost
- Cool housing stay
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Intelligent heating
- Does not trip over
- Lower fan noise
- Has a smell about it
- Lacks weight at its base
This product offers three operating modes, and it’s easy to switch them when required. The in-built thermostat of the product helps to maintain an ideal temperature in the room. The product is very safe to use and can be placed in the kid’s room. It shuts itself off immediately if it’s tipped over.
- Ceramic heating elements provide easy heating facility
- Powerful heating in all modes
- The thermostat is easy to use and efficiently controls the temperature around
- The product offers advanced safety features
- Very lightweight and portable
- Easy to store
- Easy from moving from one place to another
- Lacks weight and can be tipped over easily
This is yet another effective heater that is powered by ceramic elements The product can easily be placed in bedrooms, living rooms, and offices. Its ideal tip over protection offers the much-required safety for houses with kids.
- The product has a compact size and thus can be stored in any corner of your office, bedroom or kid’s room
- The product is very easy to use. One just has to use the On/Off button to make it function
- The product starts working almost immediately and does not make a lot of noise
- The three mode setting of the product makes it ideal for use throughout the year
- Setting up the product is extremely easy
- The design is sleek and compact
- No need to assemble the product
- The heater is not noisy
- Weird cut-off function
- Lack of variable temperature control
This powerful heater provides the warmth required in all seasons. It’s possible to set a timer in this product to make it easy to use. Once the timer is set the product turns itself off immediately after the required hours are met. The heat generated from the heater is not in one direction. Instead, its Oscillating function offers great angle heating which makes the product ideal to be used in big rooms.
- Meets all sorts of heating requirements
- Offers instant hearing
- Energy-efficient product
- Effective safety features
- Instant heating
- Easy to use
- Sleek design
- Remote control fails to function at times
- Loud fan
- Not effective for very big rooms
FAQ – Space Heater For Nursery
What is the best space heater for a nursery?
Vornadobaby Tempa Nursery Heater, White is the best heater to be installed in your baby’s room. Its vortex circulation heating provides consistent heating in the baby’s room. Additionally, its two fan setting is easy to adjust and keeps the room warm. Most importantly the heater is safe and shuts itself off its tipped over.
Is it safe to use a space heater in a baby’s room?
If they are used correctly, most heaters are ideal to be used in the nurseries. However, it’s important to select a heater that is UL or ETL tested. These heaters are pretested to see if any flaws are present. But to be on the safe side, its ideal to switch off the heater in the nursery when not in use. If you want to heat the room for bedtime, then it’s advisable to keep the heater turned on till the desired temperature is achieved and turn it off before going to bed.
What is a good temperature for a baby’s room?
Indeed there is an ideal temperature range for a baby’s room and thus there is no need to keep the temperature of the house in general at that temperature. Generally, experts recommend a range between 65 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit, for a baby’s room.
Having a baby in the house bestows a lot of responsibility on the parents. Though a heater may not look like a big deal it, in fact, requires a lot of consideration when you are planning to install one in your baby’s room. Many companies have come up with some fine heaters which they claim to be easy to use, safe and effective. However, do not just believe such claims blindly. In addition to going through the reviews of the product listed above, ask for recommendations from your friends and family. Buy a heater only when you are completely satisfied with its features and reviews. Since it’s for your baby, any form of doubt must not be entertained. Buy well and gift your little darling a warm, soft bedroom for those dream-filled sleep.
Space Heater For Nursery
These space heaters for nurseries and baby rooms will keep your babies warms and cosy. These space heaters are suitable to be used in babies and toddlers and most come with multiple operating modes, adjustable thermostats and remote controls.