A sit and stand double stroller is one of the many essential items that parents must have if they have twins or more than two kids in the house. Generally, most parents use a stroller until their kids are ready to walk on their own. However, until that time, a double stroller will come in handy. A sit and stand stroller come in multiple types which makes way for a smoother ride and makes it easy for the caregivers.
The recent years saw a rise in the double stand and sit strollers for one simple reason- parents need to have a bit of space of their own, and they cannot wait for their kids to grow to up in order to enjoy the same! However, buying the best sit and stand double stroller requires a few consideration, and here are a few things to look into.
- 1 In a Rush? Have a Look at These Reviews of the Best Sit and Stand Double Stroller
- 2 Buying Guide – Sit and Stand Double Stroller
- 3 Features To Look Into:
- 4 Benefits Of A Sit And Stand Stroller:
- 5 Best Sit and Stand Double Stroller – Our Top 10 Recommendations and Reviews
- 5.1 1) Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
- 5.2 2) Baby Trend Sit and Stand Double Stroller
- 5.3 3) Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double, Carbon
- 5.4 4) JOOVY Caboose Too Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller
- 5.5 5) Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand Stroller
- 5.6 6) Baby Trend Sit N Stand Lightweight Stroller
- 5.7 7) JOOVY Caboose Too Ultralight Graphite Stroller
- 5.8 8) Chicco BravoFor2 Standing/Sitting Double Stroller
- 5.9 9) BABY JOY Double Baby Foldable Stroller
- 5.10 10) Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller
- 5.11 11) Double Stroller Convenience Urban Twin Carriage
- 5.12 12) Double Stroller Lux Sit N Stand Baby Pushchair
- 6 FAQ – Sit and Stand Double Stroller
- 7 Final Verdict:
In a Rush? Have a Look at These Reviews of the Best Sit and Stand Double Stroller
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Buying Guide – Sit and Stand Double Stroller
Things To Consider Before Buying Sit and Stand Double Stroller
In addition to the safety factor, other factors such as manoeuvrability, compactness, and comfort for the kids must be considered. However, the only issue that you might face while shopping for a double stroller is perhaps you won’t find the perfect flawless product. Each product will have its pros and cons, and it’s up to you to select one with the maximum number of pros to make it work. But on the flip side, the points mentioned below must not be taken lightly. It’s advisable to make sure that the product of your choice, has at least a few of these points.
Car Set Extension:
This is a crucial thing to consider while buying the best sit and stand double stroller for infants and toddlers. In the absence of car seat extensions, parents who have to take their babies out a lot will not be able to do it. The car seat extension saves a lot of time and also ensures the safety of the kids.
The Number of Children:
The number of children that you plan to place on the stroller must be considered since a lot depends on that decision.
The weight of the double stroller is an essential point to consider especially for parents who stay in high-rises. In case of a power failure, it might be on you to carry the stroller up, and then a very heavy double stroller will suck out all the air from your lungs.
While buying one of the double strollers make sure it has those 5 point harnesses. These harnesses ensure that all kids are strapped in safely. Additionally, opt for a stroller that has a wheel locking facility. This feature keeps the vehicle in place and is thus an essential feature to look into.
If you are going to be pushing around the stroller, in addition to weight, the height of the same is absolutely essential. This will not only look into your comfort but also help you have a strong grip on the handlebars. Though most handlebars are adjustable, some products do not offer this feature. Thus it must be looked into before making the purchase.
The Stroller Frame:
It goes without saying that it’s important to select the sturdiest stroller frames. It’s important to borne in mind that you will be placing your kids into these strollers, thus adequate security is a must.
However, the only drawback is that the strongest models are many a time the heaviest, and thus it becomes impossible to push it around.
If you are taking your baby out in the town, then you need to make sure that you are prepared for every scenario. This would mean that you have to carry the feeding bottles, diaper bags, pacifiers, and a few other essentials.
Thus, while buying a sit and stand double stroller, make sure that there are enough compartments to store all these essentials.
These type of double strollers do not just give protection to the kids from the sun, but also safeguards the kids against rain. This feature looks after the safety and the health of your kids and goes a long way to ensure that the kids don’t fall sick. Thus, it’s important to make sure that the stroller you select has this feature.
Obviously, a warranty helps to keep your investments protected since these products are not available for a cheap price.
Another factor to mull over is the ease of steering that it offers. To make the most of this feature, make sure you try it around a few times with your kids placed inside it to see how you are working with it. This is the most crucial feature and thus must be well considered.
It’s important to understand that the stroller will not be used all the time. There would be times when you will have to fold the stroller and store it away. Thus this point requires consideration as well.
Features To Look Into:
In addition to the points of consideration, and ideal double sit and stand stroller can get more useful and easy to use if it offers the following features:
A baby can make a huge mess, and if you have two or more in your hands then a huge mess is sure to ensure. In that light, make sure that the troller you select is easy to clean. Additionally, the stroller should dry quickly and provide resistance against fading or staining.
Sun Canopies And Tray:
These additional features can protect the baby from direct sunlight. Additionally, the trays make their eating time easy.
Keep your hand free by placing your purse and diaper bag in this unit. Additionally, if possible look for a stroller which has a parent tray having a cup holder so that you can have your drink and not be worried about spilling it.
This feature comes in handy if you have to deal with multiple children. With one kid on your lap and the other holding your purse, one hand fold feature is essential.
This makes way for a smooth, easy and even ride even while pushing multiple children in the stroller.
Make sure that the seat and bench portion is plush and comfortable. It’s possible to come by a double stand and sit stroller as comfortable as a traditional one. However, choose the fabric well.
This is yet another luxury feature that helps kids and babies to relax and enjoy a nap.
Benefits Of A Sit And Stand Stroller:
Ease Of Manoeuvre:
A sit and stand stroller are much easier to manoeuvre than a traditional double stroller. Generally, double strollers are designed with side by side seats. This makes feature makes it difficult to push these strollers through wide doors.
However, a sit and stand stroller is much easier to push around and navigate through the crowd.
These strollers are lightweight, sturdy and safe. They have harnesses placed in confined areas that ensure that the standing children are safe. It is ideal for twins too as most stand and sit strollers have two car seats which make way for triple transport. Such a stroller also gives the freedom to the kids to walk next to their parents.
Car Seat Connection:
Many of the stand and sit strollers have a universal car seat that can be placed in any car conveniently. Since they fit it fine without any mess, your baby can continue sleeping while you move him/her to and fro from the car.
Best Sit and Stand Double Stroller – Our Top 10 Recommendations and Reviews
After looking at the various features that must be considered prior to purchase, and the benefits, its time to go through some popular products in this genre. Though there are many sit and stand double strollers, we have selected 12 products that are better than all the rest in the market. So, let’s dig in:
Though side-by-side strollers are good theoretically, its very difficult to get them through doors. Is it? Well, think again, for this stroller has been specially designed with a narrow lightweight design that can be pushed through standard doors quite easily. There is no need to fold the stroller as well, its graphite frame measures 30” in width provides sufficient accommodation.
- Easily slides through all doors
- Can accommodate two 45 pounds, kids
- Seats are reclinable and each foot-rest can be adjusted
- Effective basket canopy
- Big wheels for easy manoeuvre
- Includes two cup holders and two unzipped pockets for phones, wallets food etc.
- Can be pushed through check out isles in the stores
- Fits in the car trunk
- The belly bar is a useful feature of this stroller
- Cleaning the fabric is difficult
- Heavy to move
- Too small cup holder
This particular stroller is the perfect solution with families that have more than one kids. The stroller makes travel appear seamless and almost bump-free. The stroller offers two comfortable side-by-side seats, a standing platform and a bench seat. All the seats are highly secured with 5 point safety harness. The unique seating option of the stroller can accommodate up to two baby car seats. The car seat can be attached to the stroller with just a click.
- The toddlers can be seated in the front or the back seats of the stroller. They can even stand on the rear platform
- The stroller offers a covered parent tray with two cup holders
- Easy to use one hand fold
- The stroller comes with a 5 point child-resistant safety harness
- Removable child tray
- The seats of the stroller can also be removed and changed into a stand-in stroller
- The stroller comes with a foot-activated brake at the back
- Both the seating and standing options are comfortable for the children
- It’s easy to assemble
- Not heavy while pushing
- Comfortable for kids
- Small and narrow under storage
- It’s difficult to fold and unfold
- The stroller is heavy
This unique stroller has multiple seating options that can accommodate up to two kids. It’s quite easy to attach the infant car seats to the stroller without much hassle. However, car seats have to be purchased separately. The front seat has a removable 2 panel fully ratcheting canopy, while the rear seat has a fixed canopy and visor to block out the harsh sun rays. Additionally, the product comes with a hassle-free fold, a large basket which helps to store all the necessities and finally a parent console with two cup holders and an additional covered apartment.
- Children can both seat on the front and back seats of the stroller or even stand on the platform
- Parent tray with two cup holders
- One-hand fold is easy to use and quite fast
- 5 point safety harness
- Removable tray with cup holder
- Once the rear seats are removed, the stroller morphs into a traditional sit and stand stroller
- The rear brake can be activated by foot
- Easy to open and close
- Stroller work well on all surfaces
- Awesome turning radius
- Available in fun colours
- Heavy stroller
- Small basket
- Less storage room at the back
- The front seat lacks padding and cushion
This stroller can be used even when your child grows up. In other words, this one stroller grows with the child. When the kids outgrow the seats, they can be easily removed and replaced with the bench seat. The kids can also stand on the platform if they like! This is a made-to-last product which is crafted with an aluminium frame, sealed bearing wheels make pushing easy, and finally, the car seat adapters make it easy to carry the newborns
- A compact product that is easy to manoeuvre
- The rear seat is full-sized and can also be removed with ease
- The multi-position recline seats can hold a child up to 45 pounds in weight
- The rear bench seats and standing positions can hold a child of 2.5 years and up to 45 pounds.
- The car seat adapter that the product offers can be adjusted and fit in most cars
- Very compact product
- Can function with any car seat
- The seats recline and are comfortable
- The product is quite lightweight
- Easy to handle the stroller
- The toddler is left with very less room if the infant seat is connected
- The canopy fails to work well
- The toddler seat at the back reduces the bottom storage space
- Lacks cup holders for adults
This stroller is ideal for families with multiple kids. When out on a trip with a toddler and infant, this stroller comes in very handy as it makes the entire journey appear seamless. The stroller offers maximum comfort and a sleek style which makes the walk in the park enjoyable and fun for both the parents and the kids.
- Children can make use of the front and rear set of the stroller and can also enjoy the standing platform,
- Parent tray with two cup holders
- One-hand fold which is easy to use
- 5 point safety harness for maximum security
- The rear seats can be removed
- The rear brakes can be activated by foot
- An easy to assemble the product
- The stroller can be folded and unfolded without much effort
- Stroller moves easily
- The product is quite heavy
- Difficult to lock in fold position
- Brake placement makes it difficult to move the stroller easily
This one is a super comfortable and convertible double stroller that has 2 seats and a removable seat and also offers a standing position to the child. Often children find it difficult to stay still in one place. For tough times like these, this particular stroller can come in very handy as it helps the kids to stand, sit and sleep all conveniently and with comfort. Not only is this stroller ideal for kids, but it also looks after the necessities of the parents. The stroller comes with a parent tray that has two cup holders. The storage space below the seats can be used to store all the essentials required for a busy day.
- This is a double stroller with multiple riding positions
- 5 point safety harness, and canopy to protect the babies
- Comfortable seating with both front and rear seats
- The car seat can accommodate weight from 5 to 25 pounds
- The stroller is quite lightweight
- Easy to put on
- Superior quality product
- Uncomfortable car seats
- The product is a bit bulky
- It is hard to push
- Difficulty in unlatching car seats
This one is a one of a kind lightweight stroller that features the most recommended and popular Caboose Rear Seat. The tandem that comes with this design makes it super easy for kids to use the product. The stroller is very compact and has been designed keeping the demands of the various families in mind.
- The stroller is quite lightweight.
- Can hold up to 90 pounds
- Removable rear seats have a multi-position incline
- The stroller comes with a parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter
- Rear seats include a standing platform
- Comfortable and spacious back seats
- It’s possible to take out the second seat as and when required
- The parent organizer is very useful
- The product is extremely lightweight
- Difficult to reach the storage bag
- The umbrella cover does not reach the back of the stroller
- The car seat only fits in the front position and comes with an awkward strap
This unique double stroller offers an all-wheel-suspension. Additionally, there are front wheels to this cute vehicle and one-touch-rear-brakes which makes the journey easy. The large storage basket has both front and rear access. All in all this stroller makes every trip outdoor a wonderful experience for the kids
- The fabric used in the stroller can be both hand and machine washed
- The stroller can accommodate up to 2 children
- The front seat can be folded forward to make way
- The stroller comes with an adjustable canopy and a child tray that can be detached
- Easy to grip handles and backrests
- Folds and unfolds easily
- Offers compact design
- Offers spacious storage facility
- The second child can be made to sit and stand comfortably
- Stroller not ideal for short height people
- Difficult to manoeuvre
- The front seats do not recline enough
For those patents on the move, this is the stroller that can solve all of your problems. The stroller has been designed keeping all essential needs in mind. The product is sleek, stylish and can be accessed in all places, and that includes through door, elevators, and escalators!
- Made out of 300D Oxford fabric
- Excellently designed double seats
- The product offers safety wheels with additional 5-point safety belts. Additionally, the front wheels provide shockproof function and non-directional. These can be oriented easily
- The stroller offers adjustable backrests, push handles and a comfortable footrest
- Flexible wheels make it easy to manoeuvre the stroller
- The stroller seats are padded nicely
- Compact design
- The product can be easily fitted in a mid-sized car
- Easy to assemble product
- Not enough leg space for kids
- The stroller is quite heavy
- The front seat is very small
The baby jogger city select double stroller is a convertible option that perfectly suits with the city life. The best part about this stroller is that its second seat can go from single to being double in minutes. This makes this product the ideal option for a growing family. Additionally, the baby jogger stroller offers more riding options than any other products available in the market. The 20 combination that this stroller provides, makes it super smooth to use this stroller in the city.
- Each seat can hold up to 45 pounds of weight
- The seat comes with 5 safety point harness
- The seats can be faced towards the front, back, parents, or siblings. Additionally, the product folds 30 per cent more than any other stroller even with the second seat installed
- Multi-position reclining seat, calf support that can be easily adjusted for the baby makes this product a must-have
- Product is easy to assemble and fold
- Comes in catchy colours
- Enough space in the top seat
- Difficult to reach the baskets when both seats are attached
- Parent handlebar placed too high
- Tight seats
Children can’t be walking all day long even if they visit Disney Land, they will require some rest. Even your super excited toddler who doest seem to lose his energy ever. For times they get tired and look for a place to rest, the Double Stroller Convenience Urban Twin Carriage can come in handy. The rear bench seat of this stroller becomes the perfect resting place for toddlers, tired from running all day long. Plus, the rear platform allows toddlers to stand on and feel like a grown-up.
- The stroller offers a safety guarantee
- The stroller has a large cargo storage basket, a 145-degree rotatable canopy, a canopy for the rear seat and a fully functional parental organizer
- The stroller has been designed uniquely
- The stroller is very lightweight
- Folding it is super easy
- Beautiful structure and shade
- Wheels move without much-applied pressure
- Wheels made out of plastic and not rubber
- The storage basket is difficult to reach with the mesh sides
The stroller offers all the options that parents look for in a smart, easy to use the stroller. Having this stroller makes every visit to the grocery store or the park enjoyable and hassle-free even for the parents.
- The front swivel wheels are lockable and provide easy suspension
- The extra-large storage basket is very useful
- Parent organizer offers two cup holders for convenience
- Adjustable footrest and 5 point safety straps
- Offers smooth drive
- Premium quality product
- Folds easily
- Lightweight stroller
- The infant seat does not attach to the back easily
- The brake is a little flimsy
FAQ – Sit and Stand Double Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller is the best stroller that you can buy. The stroller offers 20 combinations that suit the need of city life. Additionally, the second seat can be changed from single to double with not much difficulty.
What Is A Sit And Stand Double Stroller?
A sit and stand stroller can also be called an in-line stroller or a tandem. These strollers have regular seats in the front, often known as the infant seat and an additional standing platform or a small bench-like seat at the back to accommodate the elder child. Thus, these strollers are perfect for kids who are 3- 5 years apart.
How Do You Use A Sit And Stand Double Stroller?
The double stroller can be used like any other stroller. The infant can be placed in the front while the elder child can be placed at the back. Additionally, different strollers offer diverse options. For instance, there are storage bags that come attached with some strollers. However, most strollers offer parent organizers to keep the cups, phones and wallet.
There are many double strollers available in the market which claim to be the best in the trade. Indeed it is confusing to select one from so many options. However, its an important call since your kids are going to be spending a lot of time in these strollers. In that light, make sure you look into the safety features, the sturdiness of the material used, seat spacing, and brakes primarily. Is also advisable to ask for recommendations from friends and family members who have used this stroller. Find nothing but the best, let you kids have a blast in their new comfortable stroller ride.
Sit and Stand Double Stroller
A sit and stand double stroller is one of the many essential items that parents must have if they have twins or more than two kids in the house.