In today’s busy life, managing your child could be an exhausting task. For families, the task is even more daunting as there is a fewer number of people to keep an eye on a child. But there is no denying that for a child to grow up into a perfect person, parents play the most important role. Even if you are not working, pinning your eyes on your child 24×7 is nearly impossible. However, here’s a way out.
A small enclosure, usually with rectangular platforms, known as playpens, act as safe places to keep your little one in while you are working or enjoying a backyard beer. Playpens usually have vertical bars for a child to the lookout. The floor of the playpen is usually a soft mat and the walls are higher than the height of a child in order to avoid him/her from climbing out and harming themself. Perfect for your busy life, here are the best playpen for crawling you could look for.
- 1 In a Rush? Have a Look at These Reviews of the Best Baby Playpen For Crawling
- 2 Best Baby Playpen For Crawling – Our Top 12 Recommendations and Reviews
- 2.1 1) Toddleroo by North States Superyard Colorplay 8-Panel Play Yard
- 2.2 2) Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard
- 2.3 3) Evenflo Versatile Play Space
- 2.4 4) Regalo My Play Portable Play Yard
- 2.5 5) Babyseater Portable Playard
- 2.6 6) Gupamiga Safety Playard For Baby
- 2.7 7) Summer Infant Pop ‘n Play SE Hex Playard
- 2.8 8) Kidzone Interactive Baby Playpen
- 2.9 9) Baby Care Play Mat Pen
- 2.10 10) Uanlauo Foldable Baby Playpen
- 2.11 11) Costzon Baby Playpen
- 2.12 12) The Anna Baby Playpen
- 3 Buying Guide – Baby Playpen For Crawling
- 4 FAQ – Baby Playpen For Crawling
- 5 Final Verdict
In a Rush? Have a Look at These Reviews of the Best Baby Playpen For Crawling
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Best Baby Playpen For Crawling – Our Top 12 Recommendations and Reviews
After going through the vast option of playpens, we have shortlisted the top twelve for you to choose from. From looking into the safety factors of a child (the material used to make the playpens and how durable they are) to the durability of the playpens, here are the best playpen for babies.
This playpen is an excellent solution for creating a safe play area for your child, both indoors and outdoors on any surface. Easy to carry because of its lightweight, this product has a height enough for your child not to climb out.
- This product comes with six panels but also has an option of eight panels too
- The panels come in different vibrant colours but have single colour options as well
- This product also comes with a carrying strap
- Ideal for kids between 6 to 24 months
- The product is lightweight, enabling you to carry it along with you on your outings
- The carrying strap goes inside the panels after they are folded to form into a handle which makes it easier to take the playpen around
- The interlocking panels are pre-connected
- The panels snap together for easy setup
- You can use a lesser number of panels to suit your space
- Difficult to dismantle
- The product does not have a canopy
- Though easy to carry because of its lightweight, the product is wobbly because of the same reason
- Lightweight makes it easy for a child to move it around
Planning a day out at the park or by the river for a picnic, this is an ideal playpen for you. The ultra-lightweight and easily foldable design make it a perfect playpen for both indoor and outdoor.
- This product is a single-piece foldable playpen
- It has airy mesh sides
- Comes with a water-resistant base
- The frame of the playpen is ultra-light
- This playpen comes with a travel storage bag with a strap
- The compact size makes it easy to set up the playpen anywhere
- Lightweight enables it to be carried around
- The travel bag makes it easy to move around with the playpen
- The mesh provides air to your child
- The mesh makes it easy to keep an eye on your child from a distance
- The water-resistant floor can help you set it up even on a wet floor or grassand still keep your child dry
- Easy to set up and fold back
- Lightweight makes it unstable in windy conditions outdoor
- Exposed metal bars may hurt kids
- The base and the mesh are fixed to the frame, so washing the playpen is problematic
- Almost negligible clearance from the ground and no cushion on the base may hurt a child if he or she falls inside the playpen
Perfect for both indoor and outdoor plans, this playpen comes with reversible legs that can be used both indoor and outdoor. The large space it provides is also a plus point as children can crawl, play and keep themselves entertained inside the playpen.
- This playpen has six interlocking UV and weather-resistant panels
- The panels have reversible legs with stakes for outdoors and anti-skid pads for indoor setup
- The panels when setting up, provide 18.5 square feet area
- Ideal for kids between 6 and 24 months
- The UV and weather resistant panels make it perfect for outdoor use
- The anti-movement floor pads make it safe for toddlers on slippery grounds and prevent him or her from moving the playpen around the house
- The stakes with pointed tips easily get inside the soil if you are setting it up outside
- The unique hinge design saves you from using any tools to set up the playpen
- Easy to assemble and take down after use
- Lightweight makes the product easy to carry
- All the panels act as doors but opening the hinges to make it act as one proves to be cumbersome
- The lightweight of the product makes it easy to carry it around but at the same time, it makes it wobbly and unstable
- The design of the panels makes it easy for a child to climb onto the sides and attempt to get out of the playpen
This product can be used both indoor and outdoor and is lightweight so carrying it around isn’t a problem. The plus point of the product is its easy to set up design.
- This product is a single-piece foldable playpen
- It has airy mesh sides
- The frame is all steel, making it resistant from weather conditions
- Comes with a water-resistant base
- The product comes with a travel storage bag that comes with a strap
- It takes minimum time to set up. Just unfold the structure and it is done
- The nylon base makes it easy to clean the playpen
- A double locking system at the stands of the structure gives it the necessary sturdiness
- The mesh is easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Though the lightweight helps in carrying the playpen along with you, while camping outdoor, windy conditions are not too favourable for this product
- The playpen has exposed metal bars that may hurt a child
- Absence of padding in the bottom of the playpen may hurt a child if he or she trips
- The nylon fabric is stitched to the structure, making it difficult to wash the playpen
Ideal for both indoor and outdoor setups, this foldable playpen is lightweight and can be easily set up with one hand. With mesh walls and washable fabric base, this playpen is ideal for toddlers who need to be kept an eye on.
- A single-piece foldable playpen which sets up using one hand
- The sides are made of mesh and give a clear view of your child inside
- This product comes with a water-resistant fabric as the base
- The playpen has additional safety latches along with the main structure
- The safety latches keep the structure sturdy and in turn, the baby safe
- The clear mesh helps you keep an eye on your child even from a distance
- One handed operation makes it easy to set up and fold back in a hurry
- Perfect for outdoor use as the material is resistant from all types of weather conditions
- The removable fabric base makes it easy to wash
- The base can be machine washed
- The bars have no padding and may hurt a child
- The product does not come with a canopy, however, you may purchase it additionally
- The ground clearance is less, thus leaving room for a child to get hurt if he falls. Though the makers claim that the base is padded, it is quite thin
- The size of the playpen is fixed and cannot be expanded or contracted according to your need as it is a single piece foldable playpen
This playpen provides a large space for your child to crawl, walk and play inside the enclosure. The makers have also ensured additional safety features to keep a child safe inside the playpen. However, the main highlight of the product is an educational activity panel which keeps your child busy and enhances his or her skills.
- The activity panel has an abacus, shapes and movable wheels
- The product comes with panels that have rubber bases
- The playpen is made from BPA free, non-toxic and non-recyclable material
- The panels also have a swing door which enables easy access
- The activity panel keeps a child engaged and helps build his or her motor skills
- The rubber base keeps a child from pushing the playpen around the house
- The panels are designed in such a manner that kids cannot climb out of the playpen
- The anti-blocking arm design makes the product sturdy and helps it from coming apart
- The playpen is big and provides ample space for a child to crawl and move around
- There are gaps between the panels and a child may get his hands and legs stuck in them
- Setting up the playpen up is a bit difficult as it comes with a lot of panels and takes up a lot of time
- The product does not come with a mat or a base
- No canopy makes it unsuitable for outdoor plans
An easy to fold playpen with a canopy makes this product ideal for outdoor usage. However, it can also be set up indoor and has ample space for your child to crawl, play and sleep inside the enclosure.
- The product comes in the form of a single piece foldable playpen
- A detachable UPF 50+ protection canopy is also included in the packaging
- The base of the playpen is made of machine-washable fabric
- The product has a soft base with extra padding
- The packaging also consists of a carrying bag with a shoulder strap
- The sides of the playpen are made of mesh
- A lightweight frame makes it easy to carry the playpen with you during your camp out plans
- The extra padded floor provides a cushion to a child and saves a child from hurting himself or herself upon falling inside the playpen
- The UPF protection canopy keeps your child safe from harmful rays of the sun while camping out
- The feature to remove the canopy and the base of the playpen makes it easy to clean the product
- The see through mesh walls enable parents to keep an eye on a child even from a distance
- The product does not have clips and snaps to make it sturdy
- The exposed bars and screws on the sides of the enclosure may hurt a child
- Though easy to carry around because of its lightweight, it makes the product fragile and can be moved around by a child
- The ground clearance is almost negligible
This is yet another playpen that comes with an activity panel but the added advantage of this product is you have the liberty to choose the shape and size of the playpen. Make it into a square or a hexagon or maybe even a rectangle, this product gives you the perfect flexibility to go creative with your child’s play zone.
- The product has an activity panel with a picture house, play phone, and spinning balls
- There are eight colourful panels that come along with the packaging
- All the panels have suction cups at the bottom
- This playpen has a gate with a safety lock
- The activity board stimulates your child’s brain and enhances the motor skills
- A gapless panel design keeps your child from sticking his or her hands and legs inside
- No tools required to set up the playpen makes it easy to assemble and break down after use
- The panels are made of non-toxic material
- The stickers on the panels come off easily
- The product does not come with a floor mat or a base
- The product also does not have a canopy, making it unviable for outdoor plans
- The suction cups do not work on shiny floors
This playpen comes with a unique panel by panel design that makes it possible to arrange it side by side for a bigger area for the child to crawl and play inside. The enclosed area is safe and easy to assemble.
- This product comes with colourful panels but also has options for single colours
- This playpen has a door with a safety lock
- The panels have non-slip pads at the bottom
- It is made of phthalate free, BPA free, lead free, latex free, formaldehyde free and EVA free material
- This playpen fits perfectly in any space of your house
- Large space inside for a child to move around, walk and explore
- The non-slip pads keep the playpen from being moved around by a child
- The use of no toxic materials to make the playpen makes it safe for babies
- The double lock door provides additional safety and a parent needs not to worry about a child trying to explore out from the playpen
- The curved edges of the panels make it safe for the babies and prevent them from cuts and bruises
- Dismantling the panels is difficult
- This playpen does not come with a base mat which has to be bought separately
- No canopy makes it unsuitable for outdoor usage
- The product has no canopy, thus using it outdoors may be difficult
This playpen is easy to set up and allows you to create a large space for your child. The highlight of this product is it comes pre-assembled and all you need to do is unfold the playpen and tighten the hinges by pressing them down.
- The playpen comes with colourful high wall panels
- The panels have anti-slip pads beneath them
- The product and the accessories are BPA free, PVC free, Phthalates free, Lead free, Latex free and Formaldehyde
- The high walls prevent a child from climbing out of the playpen
- The design of the panels prevents a child from climbing out of the enclosure
- The anti-slip pads on the bottom of the panels keep the playpen from slipping
- The non-toxic material used to make the playpen makes it safe for a child
- It is easy to set it up with unique hinges
- The design of the wall panels prevents you from looking into the playpen from a distance
- The lightweight of the product makes it slightly wobbly
- No canopy to cover the top makes it unsuitable for outdoor plans
- The product does not come with a mat and has to be brought separately
This playpen gives you a sturdy structure for your child and comes with an activity panel to keep him or her busy with it. However, be mindful while buying this product as there are two options with both being that of eight panels. While one of the eight panel model is smaller, the coverage area of the other is bigger.
- The product has eight colourful panels with covered iron frames
- Each panel has suction cups beneath them
- The activity board has a picture house, play phone, and spinning balls
- The playpen has a swing door with a secure lock
- The product is made of non-toxic material
- The activity panel helps build your child’s motor skills and stimulates his or her brain
- The sturdy iron frame keeps the playpen from falling
- The suction cups prevent it from being pushed around by your child
- The additional lock system on the swing door prevents a child from venturing out of the playpen
- The smooth rounded surface prevents a child from hurting himself/ herself
- Lack of canopy makes it unsuitable for outdoor plans
- The stickers on the panels start peeling off easily after a while
- Dismantling the product is slightly difficult
The Anna Baby Playpen comes with a unique design and has plenty of room for your child to play inside. The big space enables a child to crawl, play or even lie down inside the playpen. This product can also be used as a tent or a crib.
- The sides of the playpen are made of mesh
- An additional entry from the sides come with velcro-fitted doors
- The product comes with a base made of oxford-duty material
- The mesh walls are removable and make it easy to clean the product
- The clear mesh walls make it easier to keep an eye on the child even from a distance
- The height of the playpen is ideal to prevent toddlers from climbing out
- Foldable design makes it easy to set it up
- The bar and screws are covered with a soft material and thus prevents a child from hurting himself or herself
- The absence of a canopy makes it unviable to be used outdoors
- No padding on the floor makes it unsafe for a child if he falls inside the playpen
Buying Guide – Baby Playpen For Crawling
Things To Consider Before Buying Baby Playpen For Crawling
As parents, it is understandable that you would want to buy the perfect thing for your child and selecting from a host of online options can be a daunting task. However, here’s a list of things that you should consider before buying the best playpen for babies.
Size of the playpen
While it is always ‘the bigger the better’, large playpens can be wobbly at the time and you wouldn’t want your child to trip onto the sides of the playpen while inside. On the other hand, your apartment may not be able to fit in a large-sized playpen. However, be mindful to check the height of the playpen as your ultimate goal is to keep your child inside and not make him scale the height and climb out.
Some playpens do not have suction cups on the bottom of the panels. This makes it easy for a child to move it around the house, thus taking it away from your area of surveillance. Always go for the ones that have good suction cups that fit on to the ground easily and makes it impossible to move.
Check for canopies
If you are the kind who go out for camps or enjoy a barbecue in the backyard and want to keep an eye on your child while at it, go for the playpens that come with canopies. This will give your child the requisite shade and also save him from harmful ultraviolet rays.
Most playpens do not come with activity panels. However, an activity panel with play phones and moving balls not only keeps a toddler engaged, but it also helps develop a child’s motor skills and develops the sensory organs. Activity panels also save space inside from being cluttered as you need to put in less number of toys inside the enclosure.
Toddlers often fall while learning to stand up. If playpens come with soft bases and mats, they are ideal for your child. Soft mats provide the cushion for a child and save them from hurting themselves. However, majority playpens do not have mats, but you can always buy them separately.
Many playpens for babies come with fabrics as the bases. While some are fixed, others can be removed. Make sure to go for the removable ones as that will enable you to wash the cloth at equal intervals. After all, you would definitely not want your child to stay in a dirty place and contract some disease.
Many playpens come with carrying bags that have shoulder straps. These are ideal for parents who camp out as it makes it easy to fold the playpen, put it inside the bag and carry it to your destination. You wouldn’t really like to carry around the thing without proper carrying options as it is not only inconvenient but also does it double your problems if you are the only one with your child some time
FAQ – Baby Playpen For Crawling
What is the best baby playpen for crawling?
If you are looking for the best playpen for crawling, go for the Toddleroo by North States Superyard as it is made of heavy-duty plastic which makes it more durable and takes only seconds to set it up. The playpen is also easy to move around with as it comes with a carrying strap. The best part is that this playpen can be adjusted according to the size you need it to be. The simple design also makes the product easy to wipe and clean, thus giving your child a sanitized area to play in.
Are playpen for crawling good for babies?
Playpens for crawling are definitely good for babies as they keep them inside a safe enclosure and keep them engaged in activities. Wonder how? Well, according to research, if a child’s toys are scattered all around the room, he or she is less likely to pay attention to them. However, if they are put inside a comparatively smaller area, kids are more likely to pay attention to them and play with them. Thus, playpens that come with activity panels always have an edge. Also, it helps you go along your daily chores or enjoy at the backyard, all the while, setting an eye on your angel.
What age do babies use playpen for crawling?
While most playpens are for kids aged between six months and six years, make sure to choose wisely because if your child grows up fast, it might be difficult to contain him within the playpen area. Many kids have the tendency to climb up the side panels to get out of the playpen. Though many playpens come with high walls, they aren’t more than the standard size because you wouldn’t definitely want a jail for your baby, right? Also if the panels are too high, it would become really difficult to keep an eye on your little one from a distance.
While the host of buying guides and pros and cons will surely help you narrow down on some products, the ultimate judge is you yourself. Go out there and buy what suits your purpose the best way. However, we hope this buying guide will help you in choosing from a host of options and help you research in a better manner. All the best!
Please leave us a comment and let us know if the article helped or if there is any way we can improve it. We would also love to know which playpen did you decide to buy and why?
Baby Playpen For Crawling
These baby playpens will keep your babies safe and help with crawling and their physical growth. These baby playpens are suitable for babies and toddlers to use indoors and in some cases outdoors as well.